There is probably no trickier and dangerous investment possible, than to buy real estate in foreign language, with a government that does not protect you, and no appraisal of the land, this is buying land abroad.
I am in a moral conundrum, I want people to go live abroad, but do not want them to buy real estate, but how do I stop them, and are they responsible.
Video Example: The one goal of Real Estate is to enjoy the property, even if you got 100 percent screwed, you can enjoy, unless your neighbper is noisy.
Real estate is a legal term that encompasses land along with improvements to the land.
Watch this video explaining why Real Estate Bubbles burst, and that buyers are trendy, and values are not tied to family or jobs.
Land values are not protected by zoning laws for people who buy land abroad, this principle of appraisal is worth understanding.
It annoys me when I discover solid real estate investments abroad, I want to talk about them, but my believe in ahimsa causes emotional pain.
What is a good deal when buying real estate abroad?
1. Almost never from another foreigner or rich local, when you buy from a family or local maybe it is OK.
2. If the price for the same property in the USA is 100,000 it would be about 10 percent in an underdeveloped country. The wages are 10 USD per day for construction labor, or you can build yourself for 10 percent of a USA, but the cost of material can be 20-30 percent more if you try to make the same as USA.
3. A vacant lot on the ocean or lake for 5000 USD.
4. Buying from a foreigner who is 80 years old, family does not care for him or her and you pay 50 percent of asking, or less.
5. Look for properties of foreigners who are dead, or deserted a property, walk a neighborhood until you find ones that look deserted, talk to neighbors until you know how to .
Real Estate Define: Real estate is a legal term that encompasses land along with improvements to the land, such as buildings, fences, wells and other site improvements that are fixed in location—immovable. Real estate law is the body of regulations and legal codes which pertain to such matters under a particular jurisdiction and include things such as commercial and residential real property transactions. Real estate is often considered synonymous with real property (sometimes called realty), in contrast with personal property (sometimes called chattel or personalty under chattel law or personal property law).However, in some situations the term "real estate" refers to the land and fixtures together, as distinguished from "real property", referring to ownership of land and appurtenances, including anything of a permanent nature such as structures, trees, minerals, and the interest, benefits, and inherent rights thereof. Real property is typically considered to be immovable property. The terms real estate and real property are used primarily in common law, while civil law jurisdictions refer instead to immovable property.
Hobo Members save 1000's of dollars by joining HoboTraveler and asking pro travelers questions on the Hobo Talk Wall.