You have traveled to long when:
When you return to the USA.. this is what happens.
This is the story of traveler.
1. You give cars the right away.
2. You throw trash anywhere thinking there is no trash bin to be found.
3. Sitting on a toilet without a toilet seat seems natural.
4. The noses of Americans look like beaks.
5. The phone ringing confuses you.
6. You become afraid at home because it is too quiet.
7. You think in Spanish when you see a Mexican American.
8. You use the toilet paper you carry in your pocket at McDonald's, then pull a long piece off to restock your back pocket.
9. You look for a taxi meter when I get in car.
10. A girl asked you to come visit her a home, and you say, "How much?"
11. You cannot seem to remember what day it is, you keep asking what day is it?
12. You hide money in your parent house.
13. You collect change because you are think you need the correct change, when the store says, "We have no change."
14. You offer to pay a kid one dollar to wash your car.
15. Paying more than 10 USD for a Hotel room makes you angry.
16. You can't seem to buy anything that does not fit into your backpack.
17. You leave the house with 5 dollars, thinking that is enough money for dinner.
18. You get on skype to call your friends, even though the cell phone has unlimited calls for free anywhere in the USA.
19. You keep talking about countries, and everyone says,
"Where is that? And you finally give up, and you are in a foreign country where the locals are not very educated."
20. Worst, but not least, you say hello to strangers, truly believing they will say hello back.
You finally accept, you are not home.
Andy Lee Graham
14 Years of Perpetual Travel, 90 Countries
Now that you've admitted it...(first step. Now maybe do a 5th step :)
The big question now is "Whacha gonna do now?" Retire and get grafted into the wonderful indigenous people?
I just watched this last mite and was so drawn by it that I bought a one way ticket to Guatemala City for November and may stay at the Lake forever but I know I will at least stay till after the 21st of Dec. If anything is going to happen Guatemala will be one of the places that will be deep in it and the local people will be having all kinds of spiritual festivities and ceremonies. The Brujas and Brujos will be whipping up their mojos
#20 really made me laugh! Last time I was in the states I tried to talk to an old couple (my age) waiting near me for a table in a restaurant and I figured , hey, I'm their age and we all speak English, so I started a conversation, and they didn't want to talk to me! Then they got mad because I got a table before they did.
In Cambodia, I bought a bathroom scale in a bookstore.
I thought of another one: making the assumption that EVERYBODY ELSE also paid $1 for their Prada sunglasses and not being properly impressed when they show you their Pradas.